Saturday, February 18, 2006

GURU

GURU???

Yesterday I got a call from a fellow computer enthusiast. He is interested in getting a complete wireless service installed in the park. He agreed to research it. If possible it would be much cheaper than Charter and it would be hi-speed. He is doing the leg work and I will be supporting him on this goal.. Dick North is his name and I certainly wish him well.

Dick said something that piqued my interest a bit too. He said that it is generally thought throughout the park that I am the Computer Guru here. Folks this is just not so. I have a great interest in computers it’s true. I look at them as a favorite hobby. Though I attended a number of schools on computers in my work life and learned a lot and though I had to maintain and programmed some of them I never reached anything near an exalted status of GURU.

Please think of me as a hobbyist for that is what I really am. Much of what I know is simply self taught from reading and experimenting. Nope, there is no GURU here... sorry.

But, the job of Park Guru is out there waiting and if you are the man or woman please come forward we really need you.

No comments: