Thursday, March 23, 2006

Ron says on computin

Ron says on computing...

As  I have had not many visitors at the computer lab from 6 to 8 at night I have decided to keep on with the idea but a little differently. From now forward you can make an appointment with me for one on one coaching at the computer lab on any computer questions you may have. I will make myself available from 6 to 8 pm by appointment Monday through Friday and on some weekends.

I have had one person during this 2 weeks of  being in the lab. Seeing him on two different occasions, I have watched him progress from knowing nothing to getting an email address and surfing the net.

I believe it takes a senior to teach a senior. Older hands don’t always behave with fast double clicks and a mouse that moves when you don’t want it to. These things can be set for each person’s physical state. Eyes don’t co-operate with small writing but this can be fixed for each individual too. Older folks may be slower than their lightening fast children and grandchildren and that is why the children have a difficult time teaching us. That is why they make you feel dumb. You are not! We can prove it to you. Make an appointment for some one on one time.. Try it.

No comments: