Wednesday, February 22, 2006

USNews.com: News: Online On Politics

USNews.com: News: Online On Politics: "Online On Politics

By Gloria Borger

Seniors need drug-plan information, not politics

I don't usually personalize stories this way, but this time, I will: My mom, a smart and sprightly senior citizen (she would never forgive me if I told you her age!), has not yet even inquired about whether she might be eligible for the new Medicare prescription drug benefit. I have asked her about it more than a few times and given her some suggestions about whose advice to get on it (her pharmacy, her doctor, her insurance person), and each and every time I get a response that says, 'Yes, honey, I will do it.' Only I get the feeling that she thinks it's waaay too complex and not that much of a benefit, anyway."

No comments: