Sunday, November 11, 2007

Questions and Answers: Views From Veterans - Home Fires - Veterans - Iraq - Opinion - New York Times Blog

Questions and Answers: Views From Veterans - Home Fires - Veterans - Iraq - Opinion - New York Times Blog: "It appears that many people absolutely do not care about anything else except that your opinions align with their personal preferences and opinions. For example, in a tongue-in-cheek piece I wrote about cheerleading on my personal blog, one gentleman replied “Now I see why they call you Jarheads. Why don’t you write about Jarheads?” All he cares to learn about me is that I poke fun at cheerleading, and because his daughter is a cheerleader he thinks I am a dumb marine who should stick to writing about dumb marines. I see the same situation amplified when writing about politics. Some people believe that if you don’t agree with them then you are in idiot — end of story. Unfortunately, this vocal minority is the most likely group to comment on blogs. Continued blogging has taught me to try to ignore this sad state of affairs, and accept it as fact, even thought I admit that sometimes it discourages me from writing at all."

No comments: