Sunday, May 01, 2005


About the Park Calendar....

ron thomas

There is some confusion about the park calendar. Cleda Hampton wrote that she sees the newsletter social club minutes shows the Mother's Day dinner in conflict with what's on the calendar.Below is the response we sent her.

Cleda,

I (Ron Thomas)have to do the calendar for the website. Then I have to do Jacky's(Jacky Thomas-Social Events Chair) calendar for all the events and make all the posters. I asked Larry (Larry Henson)to notify me if there were any private functions or other changes to the master calendar and he has been doing that for us. Suddenly it ocurred to me ... If I am doing this anyhow why not just make the monthly calendar for the Newsletter. Joye Newman told Jacky she didn't mind at all if I took it over. Now I made a calendar for this month and submitted it to the newsletter editor box on the 25th... It is accurate but it is not the one that got published. I think the wires are crossed but I should be able to straighten it out by next month. Meanwhile, please send me any changes or questions about the calendar you may have. The Calendar on the website is the master calendar for the park... It reflects all changes as soon as they are made in real time. Also, if I make a change on the web calendar I make a paper copy and put it on the clubhouse calendar within a few hours.

With this system we hope to keep our events rapidly upto date. So, need a calendar change or have a question email me and I'll get back to you as soon as I can. Now ther is another thing you folks with computers can do to keep yourself updated with changes as fast as they are made. I had to go to another format on this calendar and lost all the email me when there is a change addresses that you sent me.

So, anybody that wants to be notified by email as soon as a calendar change is made should send me a request to be put on the list.

Other things are being added to the calendar that have not been seen before. For instance the birthday list of all the park folk that had their birthdays listed for the newsletter now will show up on the calendar automatically every year. We have entered about half of them so far. Once entered the calendar keeps them from year to year with no more human intervention necessary. All the traditional holidays and a few others show up. We think you will like the new format as can be seen on the clubhouse bulletin board

Any of you that want something updated or have a question about the calendar please Email me at
teckron@hotmail.com

No comments: