Tuesday, July 29, 2008

Sad to see the destruction of the computer lab

I first noticed the computer that had self destructed and thought maybe it was an isolated incident but over a short time several of our computers have crashed (4 that I know of) They sit there unable to boot up because of something somebody did to them,, They went to the bone yard one at a time and I wonder which will be next...

Whoever has done the deed felt they could download programs that they saw fit.. among them the social network, "Face Book" . That leads me to believe it was a youngster... since most of you do not know what face book is. I have seen preteens, teens playing on the computers and have no argument with that but shouldn't we at least caution them to have the same respect for the clubhouse computers that we have for our own? After all if grandson or daughter were plunking on your home computer you would not just let them run amok would you?... Of course not.

Here is what I can try... I will try to reload the operating systems on the 4 computers... That may cause us to lose stuff that we had.. I just hope they are restored to working order. I will do this operation this Friday.

If it works, we could use a volunteer to keep up with the lab problems and equipment. Someone please come forward or a pair of you... would be nice.

No comments: