Thursday, June 19, 2008

This has political overtones

by ron thomas

Warning...

This has political overtones that will cause some of you great heartburn... This website strives to not be political... I'm violating that rule because I know about oil. I worked for Chevron for 14 years. I have friends that were devastated by ENRON losing great sums of retirement income. As I passed by the Chevron station in Newport and saw the ever changing upward spiral of a gallon of gas at $4.39 yesterday I was angered because of what I know.... and I think you should know too...

Most of you are in the same boat as I am... that is you're retired and on a fixed income... It cost me $67 to fill my gas tank a few days ago.. Last year it was really bad... around $28 to fill up. In Europe gas costs $7 plus a gallon. Some experts, that I have read, say that will be our fate around Christmas this year.

If you choose to listen... then listen real close to the recorded conversation between the two Enron executives...

I'm warning you that you will not like what you hear... So don't listen if you don't want to know what is going on. Or if you don't want to hear political stuff....

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

What a shock.....a politician tucked a non-related issue into a popular bill minutes before the vote. McCain already voted against the Enron Loophole and is singled out by CNN for voting against the pork laden farm bill. This is NOT the issue. The issue is 435 members of the House of Representatives and 100 members of the Senate who should either open their eyes and vote their conscience regardless of lobby interests or resign. My policy is that all 535 legislators are rascals and I will vote for their opposition regardless of party. Jim McCrea