Friday, August 11, 2006

Well I just had to write about a few things I have seen in this park.

Here the rule is you cannot walk your pet on a leash in the park... I swear this is true, honestly... Yesterday as I was going shopping and here came two ladies walkiing their dogs... Not like you are thinking... They were carrying the dogs! That is an acceptable practice. More on that.. You are only allowed one dog and it has to go for an interview with park management who determine if it is friendly enough to be allowed.

Each day the park has what is lovingly referred to as "The Park Nazi Patrol" scan the lots for rule violations.

While at the hospital Jacky and I went to the cafeteria. We found the employees rude, and some sanitary conditions questionable. Such as ants on the tables, clean food trays not available. I stand at the cash register for a couple of minutes looking at the clerk who has moved to a table in the restaurant to have a conversation in Chinese with another employee. They just ignore you.

Finally, while eating on a napkin (improvised food tray) I look down the way were a man is sitting ...with a covered stroller. He gets up.. looks around furitively and uncovers the stroller... up pops the head of a dog.. a Corgi I think, right there in the hospital cafeteria.

This morning a man came to spray for ants at the neighbors. I asked how much that costs. He said a $150 for the initial spray and $60 every 2 months therafter. Compare that with our exterminator in Newport who comes in the spring, summer and fall for $30 a visit.



Well that's it from caly fornie

RT

No comments: