Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Is There any interest in having a computer class...

rt

We have 4 maybe 5 computers in our computer lab. Recently, we have found out how to hook up our laptop computer to a TV and have what it is showing on its display.

I would hook my laptop to the TV display and everyone in the class would watch the TV screen and follow along in the lesson with one of the computer lab computers. Some folks have their own laptops and they would use those. * side note here... We could really use a TV with a larger screen for this project... Got one in your garage you are not using?

Classes would not flow along at first because of the different skill level of the students. We would try to leave no one behind. Time to jot down notes and answer questions would be needed... So if you are a hi speed learner... such a class might be frustrating for you. On the other hand if you like to learn at a leisurely rate then this may be your ticket.

The class would not contain much on the internet as we only have the ability to hook one computer to the internet at this time.

Jim Dodds I do have several new PCI cards and a router that could be used to hook all the computers through ethernet connections. It is old level B technology but it should work for us.

What the class would be about would be up to you. What are the things you would like to learn? Sometimes you would have to realize you may have to learn some basics before we can take the training wheels off and send you off into the world though.


Some things I have heard people saying they would like to learn .....

"I just want to know how to save my recipes so that I can print them out."

"I still don't know how to cut and paste."

"How do I get my recipes out of my email and on to my computer because they only store 50 in my email inbox?"

"How do I make all my cassete recordings into CD's?" (*I don't have a clue on this one)

"How do I save pictures on my computer?" "And where do they go?"

"How do I buy and sell on eBay?"

You could express your interest in such a class and maybe suggest some topics like those above in the COMMENTS below.


No comments: