Wednesday, February 16, 2005

Change


Change....

ron thomas

Change is something we all resist. But at our age we should all recognize that life is change. The way that this coming breakfast is being run is changing some from previous breakfasts. We ask that you be there at 9am sharp. The fact that this breakfast is not at the same time as other breakfasts has been bothering some people and I have had both direct and indirect complaints about the timing of this event.


First of all, I am not the breakfast sponsor nor leader nor planner. I did volunteer to help with it in the best way they could use me. My position as worker bee gives me zip authority for planning a breakfast.

Next I would like to give you that are gnashing your teeth and wringing your hands about the time change an offer to VOLUNTEER to do something besides gripe.


Edna Wilson wants to give this breakfast to the community and she even would do the whole thing herself if we would let her. She wants it at 9am sharp. She is doing the work and most of us will be doing the eating. Being there at 9am honors Edna for her service.


For those who would like to help with setting up tables and getting dishes, glasses, plates, tablecloths etc. We will be at the clubhouse on Friday the 25th at 3pm to do that chore.....

No comments: