Sunday, February 27, 2005

Books, Books, Books

BOOKS, BOOKS, BOOKS
 
Today I went to the archives to learn when I had sent in my first
book report.  It was 12-18-04!  How time does fly.  Ron followed
with a book report but no others have taken the time to share
a book report with us.  I know that there are many, many readers
here in the park by the books that are returned for the library
committee (consisting of two) to reshelf them.  Since 12-18-04
I have read several books but none worth writing about.  Most
were the "quick read" mysteries while waiting for sleep to take
over at night.  However, a friend loaned me the second book
that I have read by author, Dan Brown....'Deception Point'.  It
was a great read, very, very detailed but was difficult to lay it
down and do any chores.  Most times the chores just had to wait
until I arrived at a stopping point.  Dan Brown writes short chapters
and the following chapter is about something or someone else.  It
makes for good reading!  I highly recommend it.  Check the lVH
library to see if there is a copy there.  The first book I read of Dan
Brown was "Angels and Demons".  Excellent.  I have a card file of
books I have read since 1993 and rate them 1-5.  Angels and
Demons received a 4, but my rating of "Deception Point"  will
be a 5.  Rain is hopefully arriving the end of the coming week.
Check out a book, read it and tell us about it.
 
Cleda Hampton

No comments: