Thursday, April 24, 2008

What Happened to my schedule?

As I sit here this morning gazing at my email I wonder how in the world I managed to arrive at this state of affairs? 35 emails all wanting me to do something... Holy Batman, where do I start?

Last night I watched as Jacky moved a chair into the clubhouse kitchen so she could rest in between chores. Her face as red as a beet and sweating like a waterfall... What has happened?

Jacky forgot to make posters and sign up sheets for the coming CERT breakfast this Saturday..She is in there doing it now.

Let's see I have a Dr appointment at 2:00 in Depot Bay. A lifeline lecture at the clubhouse at 1:00 and a Central Coast CERT board meeting at performing arts center at 3:00.. hmmm this is shaping up to be a problem.

My prescriptions at the VA are all expiring because my Dr. retired... Have to work on that.. only 5 pills left.

Need to shop for supplies for the CERT breakfast today.

Time to write up yesterday's CERT drill.

Cheryl at the City Hall called and left a message she needs to reschedule a meeting Wayne Hill and I are having with the City Manager, Mayor, Chief of Police, and Fire Chief because the City Attorney wants to be there now. We just wanted to tell them how the LVH CERT team works and suggest they develop the rest of the City along our model. They were impressed by our initial presentation and now are calling in other people to listen..

Jacky is in there working and has another chore list going ... I have to go...

I know, you are all going to say the standard comment... "Thank you for all you do..." . What really needs to be done though is a sharing of LVH tasks among all of you... .. If many share, much can be accomplished and the work is minimal. I want some of you younger folks to step forward and volunteer to take on the Social Club duties... Some of you that have been saying you are going to join the CERT team need to come on down and join in ... stop your promising and start your doing... Kitchen set up should be some folks, kitchen clean up another group, clubhouse event set up should be one group of volunteers and clubhouse clean up another. For to long these things fall to a very few (the same few)... we need more involvement from you.. How to do that? Why don't you email me with your suggestions or write a comment.. I will put your ideas on this site... Where can you take us? I am ready ... show me the way.

No comments: