Tuesday, June 14, 2005


One thing I like about Longview Hills....

rt

In this place you can grow flowers or vegetables in your garden. You can view breath taking vistas just by looking out a window. Your neighbors are all over the community for you to cultivate into friends. These are all things that come to mind. But, for me the seeds for my garden are ideas. They come to me at a ferocious rate. They haunt my sleep and show up in quiet moments of contemplation. These are the seeds of my garden... not yet translated to reality through careful and loving nuturing.

Like any gardener I flip through these thoughts looking for just the right one. Many zing in and out of mind and are seemingly lost or gone only to reappear at a different time. Finally, through a since of urgency, one makes itself known and using the blueprint laid upon my consciousness I begin to grow the idea. Through practice and error, some might think of this as weeding and feeding, the idea comes forth into reality.

Just like in gardening, work and guidance brings forth the fruit of labor. The gardener usually has so much bounty for his effort that he shares with others for he can not consume it all before it decays. All the people then share in his labor and he enjoys that which he worked so hard for and is greatly satisfied in his heart for being able to share with others.

That is what I like about this place.

No comments: