Monday, March 14, 2005


An email from Jim Dodds faults local computer repair service...
An email from Jim Dodds...

As I am finishing up scanning "yet another" Longviewhills residents's computer that was returned "REPAIRED" by a local two initial computer sales and repair businees that I will not name, here is what I found.

SPYWARE/MALICIOUS PROGRAMS/BROWSER HIJACKS/AD-WARE

28 - Registery Key Values
11 - Registery Values
13 - Malicious Files
2 - Malicious Programs
1 - Transponder Parasite
8 - AdWare Programs
2 - Malicious ToolBars
5 - Internet Explorer Plugin Worms
6 - Browser Hijack Files

This is the 7th machine I have "re-repaired", that was just returned from this not named two initial computer company. I did not ask this customer what she paid this company but I would guess it was anywhere from $45.00 to $80.00. She might as well have tossed that money out the car window. Some of these Registery Key Values do have to be manually deleted, which even "very" experienced techs tread in fear when editing the Windows Registery Files, so I may understand why this local company might not have been willing to attempt the repair but, they "were" willing to bill the person for substandard or bogus work performed. Always ask your computer tech if they are Microsoft and Symantec Certified. If they are not, don't hire them. On a scale of 1 to 10 I rate their repair at -20. I would even place it in the catagory of a formal complaint to the Better Business Bureau.

Jim Dodds





No comments: