Saturday, January 13, 2007

How to Save Your Heart -- Friday, Jan. 12, 2007 -- Page 1 -- TIME

How to Save Your Heart -- Friday, Jan. 12, 2007 -- Page 1 -- TIME: "How to Save Your Heart
Friday, Jan. 12, 2007 By SANJAY GUPTA, M.D.


The other day I spoke to Dr. Arthur Agatston, creator of the South Beach Diet, and he scared me. I'm glad he did. I'm a 37-year-old man with a family history of heart disease, and the good doctor quickly rattled off several things that I should already be thinking about in terms of preventing a heart attack or stroke. And his concern is not just directed at me. Agatston is an ambitious man. He's written seven books and maintains a full-time cardiology practice, but now has his sights set higher--on healing the entire country. He believes that with a few simple steps he can help eradicate heart disease and stroke in the U.S. He writes all about it in his latest book, The South Beach Heart Program (Rodale)."

No comments: