Tuesday, September 05, 2006

Large Screen TV Update...

I have had several questions about the coming debut of the large screen TV so here is what's going on. JoJo Teichert is the person from whom we are buying the TV. Tomorrow, Wednesday the 6th at 1:00pm I go to her home to get it with my truck. I will have someone to help move it.

JoJo does not know the status of the TV .. Whether it is working or not. She says it was the last time she used it months ago. I will take it to the clubhouse and hook it up to cable and see if it is working. If it does and all is well then I will buy it from her. At the next Social Club meeting I will ask for $50 to cover my outlay. If it doesn't pass I'll just eat it.

I went to Larry Henson this afternoon. He wants us to understand that if it needs repairs or replacement it is the responsibility of the Social Club. His concern also is that the pool players be able to view the set as this is part of their meeting. They like to watch sports while they play. The TV has its own rollers so I think the pool player will be happy as they can position it where they may. The hole where the current tv is is not large enough for this TV to fit so that is a problem to be resolved.

Think of the addition of this tv as a chance for us to see if it is something that folks will use. When it no longer works then we will have a good idea whether we want to spend money on a new one.

No comments: