Monday, September 12, 2005

A Rush of Stories - New York Times

A Rush of Stories - New York Times: "A Rush of Stories

By BOB HERBERT
Published: September 12, 2005

'I was in the attic for four days, with no food, water, nothing. Just roaches crawling all over me. And I seen a rat, too. I had to use a board to hold my head above the water, 'cause it was up to my neck. So help me, I thought I was going to die.'
Skip to next paragraph

More Columns by Bob Herbert

- Bernice Jones, 64, who finally managed to pry her way out of the attic and was taken by boat to the Superdome.

'They wanted to take my grandmother to Iowa. She's 90 years old and has Alzheimer's. What was she gonna do in Iowa?'

- Donald McCray, 52, who is looking after his grandmother, Susie Hudson, in a shelter in Gonzales, La."

No comments: