Monday, July 04, 2005

Computer maintenance can be routine - The Register-Guard, Eugene, Oregon, USA

Computer maintenance can be routine - The Register-Guard, Eugene, Oregon, USA:
July 3, 2005

Computer maintenance can be routine

By Bill Husted
Cox News Service


I just took my car in for its 30,000-mile checkup. A lot has changed since I drove an MG-B. Nowadays, they hook the car up to a computer and do mysterious things.

In the old days you didn't have to know a lot. My main gift was the willingness to get my hands dirty. So I could change the plugs, points and oil. Now I have to leave the maintenance on my car to real experts.

For purposes of maintenance, computers are still in the MG-B days. Even if the words ``hard drive'' make you think of long hours behind the wheel of your car, you can do almost all the work needed for routine maintenance of your PC."

No comments: