Wednesday, May 11, 2005


Watch your home security form comes to an end...

ron thomas,

Some folks think that the above form was a security risk rather than a benefit.

Here is what it did. A person filled out the form and clicked submit... when submitted it emailed all the block captians at LVH and then erased itself. There was never a list held on the computer like some of you thought. Only 3 or 4 people have ever used the form to tell that they were on vaction. I am one of them, Jim Rose and Ron Gibbs is another.

The form came from an idea presented by Ron Gibbs at the formation of the Neighborhood Watch in LVH a few years back.

There seems to have been a concern by someone who never contacted me that there was some sort of list kept on the internet that would tell when folks are away from home and that would be an easy thing for computer hackers to find and exploit. Balderdash! To this person I would say I would have been more than happy to explain how this form worked if you had only asked me instead of creating such a ridiculous scenario.

Now the form is gone.. deleted.

ASK ME TO MY FACE IF YOU HAVE A CONCERN ABOUT WHAT I DO...PLEASE!


No comments: