Saturday, October 10, 2009

What a Disapointment :(

Ron Thomas

I went to the clubhouse computer room today thinking I might be able to take a look at some of the problems folks have been telling me about. Larry Henson had told me awhile back in August, I believe, that the feature using the internet had crashed and he bought new equipment (modem) and made one computer work and he said the wifi part still worked out in the main hall.

Looking at the disarray in that once orderly room dedicated to the enrichment of all our neighbors... I was really let down. All the computers save one had been disconnected and their monitors turned to the wall. When I think of the time and hours people put in to build that room it just completely lets the air out of my sails.

Those computers were donated by residents and the paper mill in Toledo. People like former resident Jim Dodds who is a computer tech was able to create a network that would run everything and create a wi-fi hot spot in the club house. He further loaded them with tons of programs and games and checked them out for us.

The park managing owner, Brian Fitterer bought cable high speed internet and allowed us to connect free to the office computers.

Bill Furgason helped do the heavy lifting and so did Jim Rose as well as the storage. Other folks generously gave their old equipment as they acquired new.

I had hoped it would go on when I could no longer look after it...maybe someone else would step forward... but it looks as if that is not the case. What a shame.


2 comments:

Go Team said...

I know you are disappointed but remember, it only take one rotten apple to spoil the whole barrel. The vast majority of us much appreciate all that you do.....keep up the good work.

jediyaya said...

I'd like to know who the bad apple is, and why he/she took it upon self to destroy the lab. Don't like it when stuff upsets my Daddy.
-Lori Thomas