Wednesday, July 01, 2009

I'm home... Jacky is not :(

I drove home yesterday from Sunnyvale, CA. Jacky stayed there. Lori has some structural problems that require workmen and she can't be there to oversee the work... So good old Jacky volunteered to stay on to supervise... Don't feel sorry for her... pity the workmen. Ginger asked me why I didn't stay too? I am a rat... that's why.... I needed to be home... It's sure good to be here.

Here are some observations I had on the 14 hour drive here...
  • Did you ever wonder why most restrooms put up nice handrails for you to lower and raise your touche to the seat but hang the toilet paper dispenser below your knees? How does a wheelchair person reach the dispenser? Is it possible that the person hanging the dispenser has never gone to the bathroom (#2) before? Just wondering.
  • Have you ever been to hot-o-fornia and then returned to Oregon and got out to pump your own gas?
  • Did you know that the grass in CA is all brown but as you get close to the border of Oregon it turns green? (on the 101)
  • Did you know that when the weatherman in CA. says a cooling trend is coming ... he means the temperature will be at or below 90F?
  • Have you ever watched an elk lay on someone's front lawn and watch people who are watching him? What do you suppose he is thinking?
  • Did you know that all though there are a zillion stores in San Jose within miles of each other ... you will spend more time going to and from them, finding parking, etc than in them?
  • Why do people put their shopping carts in the middle of the aisle, wander off and stare transfixed, at products on shelves?
  • You know how people here are always stopping and having conversations at the store here? In CA. they won't even look at each other.. Why is that do you suppose?
  • I took the GPS unit and for fun asked it to plot a route home... I wanted to be on the 101, it (she) insisted I take the 5. Then on a turn the she rolled down under the seat where I couldn't get to her. Where she continued to replot the route to 5 and insist I take the next right turn or make a legal u turn. After awhile I was calling her awful names and recounting what I would do to her just as soon as I got out of traffic... She responded merrily, "turn right at the next intersection and then a hard left.... Bitch....

No comments: