Saturday, September 06, 2008

Late Night Creeper @ LVH

ron thomas

I wish this was a cute story with a title to reel you in... But it is not. You may remember a time ago when one of our neighbors at the north end of the park on Evergreen awoke to find a man in her home in his shorts looking at her? The man was subsequently arrested and that seemed to be the end of the story. Our neighbor lives alone and is a sound sleeper.

She went to Larry Henson with this story on Friday and he retold it to me. He said all that he could do was suggest she call the police.... What happened you say?

She went out on her patio and was surprised to find muddy footprints all over it and the gate to her backyard open. Considering her previous experience it is easy to see why she might be upset don't you think?

Why did I get called? Well, over the years, I've become the LVH patron saint of lost causes. When nothing can be done about something it is delivered to my door step for some sort of action.

We could ramp up Neighborhood Watch but who would do it? Most of you are to busy or have other things to do much more important than Neighborhood Watch. When we retire we all shed responsibility like the unwanted snake skin it has been all of our lives.. Probably a natural reaction as so many have done so.

Well, what has happened to Neighborhood Watch anyhow? Well, one day I opened the door and there was another lost cause sitting there... it was Neighborhood Watch.

Any effort at trying to revamp the program keeps falling away from my grasp... So here we are ... you and I and it looks like a problem is coming. I asked Wayne Hill of the NPD Volunteers to put in an appearance in that area in the volunteer police cruiser and he is going to do that... Have you got any ideas that you could give that don't start with the phrase, "YOU COULD DO.........." I am really burnt out on those sort of ideas... I am sure you can understand... I am after all, just like you.

Here is Jacky's 2 cents, "Put in there that we are looking for a Neighborhood Watch Coordinator." Ok it's done but we all know what the answer is already don't we?

No comments: