Sunday, July 06, 2008

Playing Catch up @ Longview Hills

ron thomas
After my latest poll on who wants to learn the computer and who would like to help others I am amazed that their are only two of you. However, to put a positive spin on those dreary stats I will say this... Two is cool! It does take the pressure off me to make lesson plans to teach larger classes. Those of you have taught school know of all the behind the scenes work that goes into teaching a successful class.

With all that prep work gone I will begin classes on Tuesdays at 9:00 AM sometime in late September. The class size will be no more than one or two at a time.... and will be conducted in the computer lab. The student(s) will simply tell me what they want to learn that day and that will be the subject... You will be shown, within the limits of my capabilities, only what interests you at the time... You come in and say, "I want to learn how to..." and that is what we will teach you or your group.

Classes will be in one hour increments... There will be a weekly sign up sheet where you sign up for the hour you want. If you are going away ... don't sign up and that will leave your slot open. If you want only one class... just sign up once...

School starts in September ... watch the bulletin board if you are interested.
RT

No comments: