Saturday, April 28, 2007

The Saturday Breakfast.....

It was an exercise in teamwork. The CERT team presented breakfast for over 60 people today. Chicken fried steak and biscuits and gravy. It was great. The $$ count hasn't come in from the treasurer yet but I saw a lot of satisfied smiles.

Of further fun.. residents did not move on after breakfast but hung on and visited with friends and neighbors. We have always liked that when it happens. Kind of magical I would say.

For my part a chance to serve and watch our team work together provided me with the insight that your CERT team can do more than what it was and is training for.

A more fun and dedicated bunch you'll not find. Each of them found a job they could do and just started doing it..Pretty cool.

We even received $8.10 in donations for the team and would like to thank those folks for their generosity. We also received $250 worth of support from the Social Club Treasury a couple of months ago. Though we haven't used it we have that as an ace in the hole in case we run into obstacles. Today's breakfast effort by the team was a way of saying thank you to the community at large for their support.

For my part I thank the community and my fellow team mates for their unselfish dedication in all that they do.

No comments: