Monday, January 23, 2006

JOHN MURTHA'S WAR RECORD

JOHN MURTHA'S WAR RECORD: "OHN MURTHA'S WAR RECORD
Monday, January 23, 2006

Standing up against yet another smear

Before 2004, I'd never been involved in politics and considered my duty done at the ballot box. My memory of a man I served with in combat in Vietnam -- Lt. John Kerry -- became my sole reason for leaving the sidelines in the last presidential election. Watching the assault on his military record by partisan operatives armed with falsehoods was a shock. Perhaps I was naive. Watching those same tactics now being used against another decorated Vietnam veteran, Rep. John Murtha, who, like Kerry, dared to speak his mind, has been a reminder of not just why I felt compelled to get involved, but why I must remain involved."

No comments: