Monday, October 03, 2005

Good Energy - New York Times

Good Energy - New York Times: "Good Energy

*
E-Mail This
* Printer-Friendly
* Save Article

By RICK MORANIS
Published: October 3, 2005

Subject: look at the time! - can't sleep

Date: 10/03/2005 3:24 a.m. eastern daylight time

From: pilateguy@hedgemail.com

To: stillfishing@probono.org

Dear Micki and Stan,

I've decided that we will not be coming to Shelley's wedding in December. (By the way, congratulations again on this wonderful event in your lives. You should be very proud and happy with how terrifically things have turned out.) Unfortunately for us, a wedding in Westport would require non-essential driving and I must honor President Bush's wishes to limit the amount of energy I consume in order to do my part during these difficult and challenging times for our country.

I realize that if all of your guests felt the same way, there would be tremendous consequences for many decent, hard-working people. The tuxedo-rental industry, the caterers, waiters, musicians, florists and table linen people would all lose important income. But when I think of the energy saved in dry cleaning alone, it warms my heart to think I can help make a difference with a personal commitment against wasteful consumption and reckless indulgence in our sick culture."

No comments: