Wednesday, April 28, 2004

Different Strokes



Donna Talarski

Ron, thank you for the kind words, my intention when I made the statement “Trust me people in LVH have Comments” was not for accolades but to show that we have varying viewpoints. I am excited when I hear folks talking at the clubhouse about what is going on, even if they don’t agree with it. In their own way they are involved. In every group it appears that a few people do most of the work. But when you look closer, you will find the “Silent Majority” of which I choose to believe are the folks working in the background doing the jobs that no one else wants and not asking or requiring any praise or accolades. It is the good neighbor that helps another yet never joins a group or the person that cares for a pet when someone is in the hospital, these are the true heroes.

People in LVH move here for a variety of reasons. Some choose to get involved but other don’t, that is their right. Our agenda is oftentimes not theirs. That does not make us right or them wrong. All I want is to offer the opportunity to everyone to attend the meetings, become involved in groups, and to build bonds with their neighbors if they choose too. If they choose not, then that is their decision and I respect it.

Someone once told me there is something in my personality that requires me being in the forefront. Was she right, maybe? As Lee Icocca once said, “Lead, Follow or get out of the Way.” I would put it more gingerly: “Live, let Live but Be Happy”.

No comments: