Friday, April 15, 2005

More on Web News...


Ron Thomas


Reading the news on the web gets to be an even better experience as you go along. You begin to see how everything is set up and begin customizing things to fit your tastes. For instance, if you don’t like Sports you just click delete Sports and all those stories are gone... Maybe you’re not interested in the Food section just click and from now on nothing in that ever comes up.

I have been trying different news services out and finding that one that fits me well. So far I like Google News the best. It allows you to customize by adding more or less stories in the news section you are in. It also displays when a story was written... Many only minutes ago... So you are really getting fresh news as it happens. It also displays the newspapers that it gets the news from and provides a link to that paper.

So, this is an evolving experience. I find myself tasting bits and pieces from this smorgasbord while I build what is the ideal news media for me personally.

No comments: